Thursday, September 20, 2012

Value Portraits Art Critique


1. Explain the process you went through to develop your drawing.
   Mrs Rossi took pictures of us, then we each got picked a picture of a classmate to draw. We had to use tracing paper to draw areas where there was values. It was a very difficult process. then we had to color the back of the tracing paper with pencil; then we placed the paper on our skecth book and we had to trace the lines again so it would transfer to the sketch book. after we were done doing that we had to shade in the picture.


2. Explain how you found the different values in the portrait?
   Some of the values were easy to spot, in my case i had to put the paper against the window because they were hard to spot. Ms Rossi had to help me once or twice.


3.  Did you achieve a full range of the different values within your portrait?  How?
   I think I did. I'm not sure how to explain it, but i had different values and it turned out pretty decent.


4. Describe your craftsmanship.  Is the artwork executed and crafted neatly?
   It was my first time doing anything like this, and I think it was hard; but I worked hard on it and it may haven't turned out the way I wanted, but its not bad either. I think it's neat.


5. List any obstacles you had to overcome and how you dealt with them.   I wanted to trace the outline of the picture and not the values, and it was hard not tracing it.But once Ms Rossi helped me understand what i waslooking for, I tried to look for the values and not trace the outline.

No comments:

Post a Comment