Friday, September 7, 2012

Shading scale/oil pastels


Shading scale

1. Describe your overall thoughts on the final piece.
At first I thought it was a waste of time, but once it was done it looked cool and it was something that I had never dobne before, so I was excited that I actually did it correctly. It was my first time using the oil pastels and it was fun. Having to blend the colors to make sure it looked good was hard, but the final project looked good.   
2. if this was a group project, what was your contribution?
 It wasn't a group project.

3. How successful do you feel this piece is and why?
I followed the teachers instructions, so it turned out pretty good.

4. What worked about this project? What didn’t work?
The shading scale turned out good, but the sphere was harder because I kept forgetting about the lighting source and what should have been lighter instead of darker.

5. If you were to do this project over again, what changes would you consider making?
I would probably try to work faster because I did not get to finish the final Oil pastels drawing.

6. What was the most difficult part about completing this piece and why?
I think the shading part was hard because i sometimes forget that there needs to be a lighting source and i want to shade everything the same color.
7. What did you learn from this piece?
I learned about the shading scale and how to properly use oil pastels and drawing forms in different planes.

No comments:

Post a Comment